Saturday, May 3, 2014

Going With Your Gut


Did any of you ever have this great opportunity fall into your lap? One so great that you couldn't believe it was happening, like it was almost too good to be true? Well I have, and it's been a wild roller coaster of emotions for me.

When a former Facebook friend suggested it, it seemed like a great opportunity. I love sports, and I love my Habs, so a job that combined the two couldn't possibly be wrong. So, with contact information in hand, I gave it a shot.

As this person and I e-mailed back and forth, my excitement started to build. It was looking more and more like they wanted me to work with them, and they were impressed by my work. That felt good, I won't lie.

I even got as far as a little simple quiz I had to take. Guess I did alright, because I was offered the position. I finally had what I wanted, all I had to do was sign on the dotted line. But I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Something didn't feel right. I looked over the contract a couple times, thought it over. Actually doubted my abilities. But in the end, I did what I felt was right. Emailed the guy back, thanked him for the opportunity, but said that I couldn't bring myself to sign the contract.

Fear of commitment, who knows. But when in doubt, you've got to go with your gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment