Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Basement Blues

Dear Readers, permit me a rant if you will.


Woke up this morning to more yelling and stomping from upstairs. Granted it was after 7 in the morning (I'm not going to say when). Now most times I am a pretty patient person, but the noise from upstairs has gotten to the point where I am losing sleep and my high reserve of patience.


I had just gotten out of the shower the other day and had my music up a little louder than normal. As it was well before 11 in the evening, I thought nothing of having it up (noise rules for both the upstairs and downstairs, as both are rented, are in effect from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.) but the disrespectful cows that live upstairs thought otherwise. 


I was barely out of the shower with my towel wrapped around me when the stomping started. Now I don't know if I've ever told you this before, but the stomping happens on a regular basis. Most times I just let it slide. Turn my music up a little bit, or stick the iPod ear buds in, and I'm fine. But when the stomping is so hard that the light in your bedroom shakes and then shorts out, well enough is enough.


Haven't yet told the landlord about it, because I know that the minute I go to her with a concern or complaint, that the neighbours upstairs will make up something about me. So in an effort to keep the peace, I have said nothing. But I honestly don't know how much longer I can put up with the noise. Every day is some combination of screaming, fighting, yelling, stomping, swearing and kids crying. This woman (and I use the term lightly) has three children from three different men and CLAIMS that her kids are her life. Well if that's the case beotch, get up and see to your children when they are yelling, fighting or crying. That's what a real mother does. I may not have children, but a know the difference between a good mother and one who just pawns them off on her own mother.


Phew. Now on a lighter note...


The countdown is on for the release of Alan Doyle's solo record. The album, titled Boy on Bridge drops on Tuesday, May 15th, just a week from today. The video for the first single I've Seen A Little is being filmed in Toronto on May 10th. There will be tv appearances on May 14th and 15th, and Alan will also be on Q, (CBC Radio-2, 99.1 FM) this coming Friday at 11 a.m. check it out if you can.


Also, check out his website for details on tour dates and how to get tickets. I'll be seeing him with a friend at Club One, George Street, St. John's on June 10th. Hope to see you there; should be a blast!


Cheers,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment