Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday was a good day. Got up relatively early (11-ish... hey! It's early for me, lol) and headed out with sis to get things done. By the time we were ready it was nearing 1pm. By quarter to two we had reached the Post Office and got my check. I love check days!!


We went for groceries first, because Co-Op is the only store in town that will cash your checks if they are post-dated. Followed the list I'd made and left Co-Op about 30 minutes later with a cart full of groceries. Full cupboards are a good thing, ya know!


After sis and I returned home with groceries and put them away, we decided to head up to Walmart. We both had a few things that we wanted to pick up, and we figured that with a little bit of money in, that day would be the perfect day to do it. Called my mother first, to let her know that we were back from grocery shopping. We agreed to meet at Walmart, as I had something that I needed to give her, and then after ending the call with my mother, I called a cab to Walmart. Note: the cabs here in Clarenville are great. Even though it was crazy busy yesterday, they were still quite efficient in their service.


Got up to Walmart and headed straight for the electronics department. Y'see, there was a new album that I just had to get. Dean Brody's Dirt. For the uninitiated, Dean is a BC born, Nova Scotia based country music star. His new album Dirt dropped on the 24th, and I just had to have it. I had kept hearing the first single Canadian Girls on CMT and the Galaxie channels (Bell ExpressVu subscribers will know what I'm talking about). Then before it dropped, a couple of my favourite musicians had tweeted about their participation in the album (you all know who my favourite band is). Well this made me even more curious; I had to have the album. 


Turns out that Dirt is quite a great purchase. I will admit that I only bought the album for two songs- Canadian Girls and It's Friday (feat. Great Big Sea). But once I got home from Walmart, and gave the album a listen, I was quite surprised by just how much I loved it. I concur with my sister that It's Friday and Canadian Girls are definitely standout tracks, but I also have a few other favourites. Flowers In Her Hands, a love song that spans decades, really touched my heart. That's Your Cousin made me laugh out loud. It details a night out in a small town for this guy, taking a female friend of his out. Just as things are about to get serious, his father finds them, and explains one very important detail: they're cousins. Well whoops! Didn't see that one coming, right?


Anyways, if you can, check out the album. You won't be disappointed.


Now onto the news of the day! New Alan Doyle news!! Kevin Kelly of the Newfoundland Herald tweeted today that Alan will be doing a acoustic set at Costco in St. John's on Saturday May 19th. This acoustic set will be followed by a autograph session. St. John's fans, please turn out and support this! We all know how wonderful a musician Alan is, and we need to show him our support. In that same vein, please attend his solo show at Club One on June 10th. Tickets are only 29.50, and can be ordered through his website- www.alandoyle.ca. Please check it out if you can!


That's all for today folks. If anything else interesting happens, I'll be back!


Cheers,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment