Thursday, January 20, 2011

better than dick smack Doyle I suppose ... (Season 2, Episode 2, Republic of Doyle)

So, the episode of Republic of Doyle with Alan Doyle on it aired last night.


"The b'ys are calling you one smack 
Doyle. Better than dick smack Doyle, 
I spose."- Wolf Redmond, aka Alan Doyle


I could not watch it on my TV, so I watched it online today. And I agree with everyone who said this is one of the best episodes yet. In fact I would be willing to go as far as saying that this was THE BEST yet. Now, I know what you're thinking. I'm biased, being one of Alan's biggest fans. But this was only one reason for liking Episode 2, "Popeye Doyle".


First off, the writing was brilliant on last night's show. It was witty, and hilarious, and kept me in stitches. The writers for Republic of Doyle oughta be proud of themselves.
Secondly, the casting was great. Gordon Pinsent reprised his role as the rum runner, Maurice Becker. I think Gordon Pinsent is fabulous in this role, and well, his 'thug' Wolf Redmond, played by the uber-talented Alan Doyle, wasn't too shabby either.


Wolf Redmond (Alan Doyle) 
and Maurice Becker (Gordon Pinsent)


I loved the fight sequences too. Even though we all know that nobody actually got hurt in these scenes, they looked very believable. I felt bad when Jake got slammed into the phone by Wolf. That gash looked mighty painful, and Jake got a concussion from it. Ouch.


Jake Doyle (Allan Hawco) and Wolf Redmond (Alan Doyle)
after a fight in the common area.


And am I the only one who thinks that Jake and Leslie are not done yet, despite her seeing the mayor? Only time will tell.


Bring on Episode 3 on the 26th!

1 comment:

  1. Well u known I agree ;) But one question for you. Where do u watch the show online?

    ReplyDelete