Monday, May 16, 2011

A birthday poem for Alan Doyle

just wrote this poem, and I'm going to share it here first, but then its going on the blog run by me and my friends Sara and Karina.

I remember that day, almost nine years ago
I was feeling lost,  my life moving in slow mo
Then by chance, one morning at school
I saw a poster, and on it was you.

An evening with Alan Doyle, and his guitar
I'd heard the name, I knew you were a star
The price for the evening, a scant ten bucks
But it was more than worth it, just my luck

From the very first time I heard from you sing
I knew exactly what it was I had to do
Become a fan of you and Great Big Sea
It was as simple as two plus two

You were only in your 30s then,
Not married, and no kids at that point
But over the years you have been blessed
You now have a son, and your beautiful wife

The years have been kind to you
And although you're older its true
You're getting better with age Alan,
Happy Birthday number forty-two!

No comments:

Post a Comment