Thursday, January 7, 2016

Braver, Stronger, Happier

This might come off a little sappy, but oh well. I've been told I'm a sappy person, so here it goes.

To anyone who ever encouraged me to chase my dreams - family, friends, and teachers - thank you. For a long time I was afraid to take that chance and put myself out there. I was afraid of being vulnerable. But not anymore.

Since I took that leap of faith in late October, I've never been happier. I'm making a name for myself as a writer, and my dreams of making a career out of it are closer than they've ever been. I finally feel that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing; that I've found my purpose and meaning in life. And that's huge.

When you struggle with low self esteem (and yeah, I have. My counselor noticed it almost immediately) and depression, you often feel like you're worthless; you don't have any purpose, any reason for living. Your life may be filled with wonderful people, but still there is something missing, and that something is purpose.

By putting myself and my writing out there for the world to see, I feel that I've become a stronger and happier person. My life has more meaning than it ever did. I'm not afraid to go after what I want. Case in point, my last two interviewees.

The old, sad, and afraid me never would've been able to ask Con O'Brien or Alan Doyle for interviews for my articles. But the new me? She's not afraid anymore. She's a strong, confident, and happier person who is chasing her dreams and is determined to succeed. 2016 is going to be my year. I can feel it.

So thanks again to anyone who ever told me to chase those dreams. I couldn't have done it without you! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment