Friday, May 23, 2014

more than just a game

It's a hard thing to explain,
My love for the hockey game
Through all their ups and downs,
I love my Habs all the same

I cheer on their successes
Pull out hair at their mistakes
I jump up and down and celebrate
But the floor I will also pace

My heart beats oh so wildly
During the height of the action
And oh how big my smile
When they win, what satisfaction!

It isn't always easy,
Haters from all sides
But I will always defend my boys
With a deep and intense pride

For those who say "it's just a game",
I don't think you quite understand
It means so much more than that
To a dedicated fan.

For hockey is much more than that,
It's thoughts and hopes and dreams
And with every win that comes
The deeper you believe

That's why I'm proud to say it,
No matter where I go,
I will gladly declare it,
I'm a Habs fan, Go Habs Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment