Friday, May 30, 2014

Proud to Love the CH!

As I write this, my heart is broken. I'm not sure why this year's exit from the playoffs hurts more than others. Maybe it's because I, like so many other Habs fans, truly felt like this was our year. Time and time again, the experts counted us out. But look at what we did. We swept Tampa. Who besides us Habs fans saw that coming? Heck, I don't think any of us saw that coming. And then there was Boston, who experts said we would not get past. And look what happened. Our boys battled hard, gave it their all, and prevailed. But then the unthinkable happened.

Chris Kreider, who I will now forever despise (yes despise), ran into Carey Price. Some will say it was accidental (which I do not buy for even a fraction of a millisecond), others that it was on purpose (which I fully believe), doesn't matter. The point of the matter is, that (looking for a nice word here but failing) whether Kreider was tripped or no, he ran into Price, reinjuring him and taking him out of the series. You have to believe he knew what he was doing. He could've stopped. People (read: Rangers fans) said his momentum carried him into Price. I call BS on that. Everyone knows that they teach you how to stop when you're learning to play hockey. Kreider has a history of running goaltenders. Ask Craig Anderson or Marc-Andre Fleury. The Rangers knew that the only way they'd advance would be to take out a hot goaltender like Price.

I'm not making excuses though. A team can simply not win when they're not scoring. And sadly that's what cost our beloved Habs their season and a chance at Lord Stanley. They were closer than they ever have been in years though, and gave their fans something to believe in. No cup this year, but I'm okay with that now, as hard and bitter a pill that is to swallow. Their time is coming. I know that in my heart. And look at Tokarski, that kid has a very bright future. There's no telling what the future holds, Habs fans, but I'm sure a Stanley Cup is not far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment