Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sail Me Away...part 10 (wow, already?)

"Come Liam, we will be late. Grandpa is waiting."

Liam smiles and locks his room door behind him. He is as nervous as hell. In mere minutes he was going to meet the legendary Serge Savard. He is quiet on the way down to the restaurant where Jane said her grandfather would be waiting.

"Liam, you are quiet. Is something the matter?"

"I'm nervous." He runs a hand through his hair. "It's not every day you meet one of your heroes."

"Hero? Ha ha, Grandpa will love to hear that."

"What if he doesn't . . ."

"Doesn't what? Like you? Do not worry Liam. My Grandpa is friendly. I am sure that he will like you. I like you."

"You do?"

"I do. You are cute, and you are lots of fun. I have only known you since last night, and what I know, I like."

"I like you too," Liam admits, and before he knows it, he and Jane are standing in front of Serge.

"Grandpa, this is Liam . . ."

"Liam Gallagher," Liam wipes his hand, praying its not sweaty, and extends it to Serge. "Mr. Savard, its a honour and a pleasure to meet you."

"Any man my granddaughter chooses to sleep with is alright in my books. She's a picky one, this one."

Jane blushes. "Grandpa!"

* * * * *

Jane excuses herself after dinner, leaving Liam alone with Serge. "So, you like my granddaughter, do you?"

Liam nods, still too nervous to say much. "She's beautiful sir."

"Then let me offer you some advice young man."

Liam's ears perk. Advice from Serge?

"I did not get where I got in my career by not taking chances. Same for my love life. Tell me, you are smitten, no?"

"I am smitten," Liam admits. "I've never met anyone quite like her."

"Then do not let her go. Even if it is only by phone, you two need to keep in contact."

Liam nods, and then watches Serge scribble down something on a piece of paper. "Here, her number. Do not tell her I gave it to you."

"But how else will I...?"

"She will give it to you. Mark my words."

Liam nods. "Mr. Savard..."

"Serge."

"Serge, could I ask for your autograph, and a picture, if its not too much?" Gosh, now he knew his fans felt.

"Not a problem," Serge smiles as he sees Jane coming back.

"Jane, could you do me a favour? Your Grandpa here has agreed to a picture, and I was wondering if you could take it?"

Jane smiles. "Yes, I can."

Liam smiles back. "Great!" He passes her his camera.

Jane can't help but beam as she takes the picture. If her Grandpa liked Liam, then maybe she was on to something. . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment