Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sail Me Away...part 3

Unbeknownst to Liam and Jane, a few of his close friends, his band mates, have gathered around his door. "I bet you the next round that he's gonna get lucky tonight Mike. If I'm wrong, I'll buy, but if I'm right. . ."

"I'll get 'em if you're right," Mike mutters. "I sure hope you gave him some protection or something."

"Mike b'y, how was I to know that Liam was actually gonna find some chick on this cruise?" Jimmy chuckles. "There are some in his nightstand, but I don't think he's going to bother to look."

Mike nods his head in agreement. "He's not even thinking with the right head now, I allow." He turns to Jimmy. "I don't think we should be standing outside his door. It'd be different if we had a show, but there's nothing doing tonight. We should leave him alone."'

"And miss all the fun?!"Jimmy laughs. "No, I wanna stick around for this."

"Then go to your cabin." Mike's voice indicates that he is serious. "Your cabin is right next to his, and those walls are pretty thin. I should know. I heard you and your wife last night."

Jimmy blushes. "I didn't know we were that loud."

"Ye weren't," Mike chuckles. "It's like I said, those walls are mighty thin. What were ye two trying to do last night?"

Jimmy shrugs and shuffles his foot a little. "Ava wants another baby, and we figured that now was just as good as any other time to try."

Mike just shakes his head again. "A third one Jimmy? If you don't stop her in her tracks, she'll try to repopulate St. John's for chrissakes!"

"Could you ever say no to Leah?"

Mike stops for a second. "Didn't have to. She was happy with the two kids we had. One of each was enough for us."

"See that's the thing man. Ava wants a girl. We got the two boys, and she just wants a little girl to dress up."

"How can you guarantee her a girl?"

"She's been reading up on how to do that. Says that if we do the deed before she ovulates, that we have a better chance of having a girl. Don't ask me how, that's just what she told me."

"I think Liam's got a better chance of that if he doesn't think with the right head soon."

"So you think he's going to get laid?"

Mike nods again. "It's not a matter of if he's going to get some, its just a matter of when. Though something tells me I'm going to owe you a round tonight."

* * * * *
"By all means, go ahead," Jane answers. "That was always something I enjoyed."

Inside, Liam is doing a happy dance. "I'll be gentle," he whispers softly.

"No." Jane looks Liam straight in the eyes. "Anything but gentle."

1 comment: