Tuesday, November 16, 2010

way hey hey, its just an ordinary day

Today is just one of those days. You know those days when you feel like you should never gotten out of bed in the first place? Yeah, one of those. But I got up and forged ahead, convinced that it was only as bad as I was making it out to be, and that I could get through it.


But I got to school and felt overwhelmed. It felt like everything was closing in around me. I felt like I was having a panic attack and that I needed to cry, but I couldn't do that in front of my classmates. So I excused myself, as class had not yet started, and headed for the bathroom. 


My friend Dianne, seeing that I was upset, followed me. She said she understood where I was coming from, and that it was going to be alright. I let the tears flow like I'd never let them flow in front of her before. Then, almost like an angel, the guidance counselor, Suzanne, came in and saw that I was upset. I only realize now that Dianne must have gone and spoken to her, gotten her to come and help me out.


And thank god for Suzanne and her help. When I left school today, I felt a lot less stressed. My biggest stresser is gone, the huge weight on my shoulders lifted. I feel like I can breathe again. 


I didn't realize how much of an effect it had taken on me. Sylvia said I wasn't myself, and she knew that something was up. When I confessed to her what that was, she understood, and was also able to give me good advice.


She and I have had our rough spots no doubt, but she, like my mother, understands me, and gives me that little extra push, or that kick in the butt that I need to get going again. Almost like a second mother I guess. I really don't know where I'd be with school if it wasn't for her. I don't know how I'll ever be able to thank her enough for all she's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment