Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dan Pearce (Single Dad Laughing) is right

I don't know if any of you know, but I follow a blog called Single Dad Laughing, run by Dan Pearce. I think the man is a genius, and I love reading what he has to say. And today's post was no different.

Today's topic was "Worthless Teenagers and the Parents who Make Them'.

The post was a result of teenagers struggling, hurting, lacking in confidence. And all because of their parents. This young girl's letter made me cry. Same for Dan. How could parents treat their child the way they did, and say the things that they said? It doesn't make sense to me, not one bit.

He mentioned all the misconceptions about teenagers. Teens think those things, and more often than not it is because at some point in their lives, they have been told by an adult in their life that they were worthless, useless, stupid, a mistake, etc. And most people, when they are told enough that they are something they are not, they start to believe it. I know, because its happened to me several times in my life. It was never my parents, luckily, as I'm lucky to have the parents I do.

Dan, if you see this, thank you. You are wise. Far, far, FAR, beyond your 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment