Thursday, April 21, 2011

Look out world, here I come (The whirlwind of graduation!)

So, today was my college graduation. The day started early, with Mom showing up around 10. Later, she picked up a hair dye, and dyed my hair for me. My roots were horrible, lol. She made an appointment to get my hair done, and this is a picture taken during the whole process:

















As you can see, I was very excited about the whole day. From the dying of my hair, to the curling, to the dress. Everything. It was the most special that I had ever felt in such a long time! The dress fit me perfect, almost as if it was made for me!


















First up was the ceremony! I arrived at the Events Centre a few minutes after 4, and started getting ready. I put my gown on, and then my hat! I had two of my instructors fussing over me! One was pinning my hat in place, while another pinned the sash. There were hugs all around in that room, and all of my classmates looked amazing!

I was so nervous as I had to lead my class out to our seats. We stood facing the audience, and then when the music stopped, we had to turn counter clockwise, and then sit in our seats. There were some messages from the campus admin, Maisie Caines, as well as some dignitaries, and then it was on with the presentation of certificates and diplomas!

I wasn't half as nervous as I thought I would be, walking across that stage. I shook with the hand I was supposed to, and then accepted the diploma with the left. Got hugs from both Ann and Maisie, and then flipped the tassle on my hat to the left side.Then we all sat down, and watched the rest of the ceremony!


















Then, at the end of the ceremony, off went the hats!


















After the ceremony we all went and took off our gowns, and then gave Sylvia, our main instructor, a gift. Sylvia went above and beyond the description of her job more times than I can count. and was always on my side, giving me that extra push that I always needed. I wouldn't have graduated today without her!

After that was all done, I had some pictures taken. Flowers were wicked expensive, so I never got any, but the lady selling them let me use them in some pictures. This is one Mom took:


















Then we went and saw my Nan for a few minutes, where more pictures were taken. I think she was very proud! Next was the reception, and supper, which was delicious. Here I am waiting for said supper:


















When the reception was all done, there were more pictures. I got one with Sylvia, that I will have to upload when I get a cord for my camera, and also a couple with all my classmates. Those look great on my camera, can't wait to share them! Also got one with my friend Dianne. I plan to do something special with that one!

And finally, here's one of me just before I left to go home for the evening!


















All in all, it was the best day of my life so far! Thanks for all the congratulations and compliments on my Twitter and Facebook pages. Sure makes a girl feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment