Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day







Well, today is my second favourite holiday during the calendar year, Christmas being the first. Yes, as a chocaholic, I love Easter too, but Paddy's Day has a special place in my heart. I wish I could understand why, but I am clueless as to why it is so.

I do have some Irish in me, so I suppose that could be it, but still uncertain about that. I believe it was my Mother's Grandfather, so my Great-Great Grandfather that came from Ireland to Newfoundland, which does make me part Irish, in a way. His name was Joseph Carolan (or Carollan) and he later added Emberley to his name.

My paternal grandmother was raised Catholic, and the area in which she grew up, Terrrenceville, was highly Catholic, or so I've been told. She had Irish in her as well, so maybe that is why I embrace it, because I am proud to be her granddaughter. I've inherited her stubborn streak, and her ability to argue, even when I'm wrong, haha, although most tell me that's not really something to be proud of. Oh well, I still am. I was one of Nan's favourite grandchildren (and I don't say that to be egotistical. As strange as it was, Nan had favourites).

So on this, a rainy St. Patrick's Day, I plan to celebrate somehow, although what seems most likely is Irish music and some drinks! Anyone with me?


Here's some of my fave videos of songs I consider Irish!









Slainte!

1 comment: