Wednesday, March 30, 2011

mother nature's not welcome here anymore

Spent a late night talking to a friend last night, and never saw the bed til after 5 this morning. My own fault, really, but it was no big deal. I figured I'd go to bed then, and get a few hours sleep, get up around 12-ish. But mother nature, the bitch that she is, had other plans for me.

I woke up two hours later to a pain in my lower back, and an urge to use the bathroom. That never happens. I was not happy. I hate when my sleep gets interrupted like that. And leave it to mother nature to be the one to do so. I took care of what I had to do, and then went back to bed, convinced that I would then sleep til 12. No such luck on that front.

I once again woke a couple hours later, same sensation as before.  I was really getting fed up by this point. I wanted to sleep, dammit! Why did mother nature not understand? Did I have to make it clear to her, really?

Went back to sleep after that, and woke around 12-ish, like I wanted. I had planned to get up, shower, check the mail, get groceries, that sort of thing, but once again, mother nature fucked up my plans. So bad was the pain in my back that I just decided to take some advil and lay back in bed. My back is just now feeling better. It's 5:46. The day is wasted. I feel useless, like I have not one bit of energy that I can muster.

Damn, I hate mother nature sometimes. Here's a note mother nature, next time you want to wake me up, don't. I'm sure your gift can wait for a little bit longer, okay? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment