Monday, March 28, 2011

Inspiration

There's something I've realized today, and I can't believe that I never realized it before. It's about inspiration. It's funny, that. It's amazing that the smallest things can trigger ideas for a song, or a story or a poem. It could be a noise you hear, an overheard conversation, or an event from your life. It could be as simple as one word or phrase, and the words then start to spill out, like a dam breaking, or the rushing of the rapids. It just happens.

Such is my life today. It seems that the littlest things are giving me ideas. Conversations, encounters, just words that are itching to be written. And when this happens to me, it's something I can't ignore. When the words fill my brain, I have to get them out. It's like if I don't, my head will burst because of all of the ideas that it's holding in.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me or been a muse to me in some way today. This is one of my best creative days in a while, and when I'm feeling like this, who knows where the road to inspiration might lead?

No comments:

Post a Comment