Monday, March 28, 2011

Rhyme Time

I was inspired by a few friends who do poetry to post my own, so without further ado, here are some of my poems/songs:


Time to Go




The days go by so quickly,

I can't believe you're gone
As I sit here in silence,
The time keeps dragging on
One minute here, gone the next,
Now in the Master's arms you rest
Down here we cry, down here we mourn,
But now you are with our dear Lord
We'll miss you more than you will know
And even though its hard, its true
It sadly was your time to go
And we're left here missing you

Leaving You Behind

Don't go telling me what to do
What makes you think
I'm going to listen to you
You're nothing but trouble
Should have seen it from the start
Now I'm leaving and I'm taking back my heart


Why couldn't I see it?
I must have been so blind
But now I'm getting up, I'm walking off
And I'm leaving you behind


I was so in love with you
I was dumb enough
To believe you would be true
Then there you were, babe
You were out with another girl
And baby, you changed my whole world


Why couldn't I see it?
I must have been so blind
 But now I'm getting up, walking off
 And leaving you behind


Y'know I really should have seen this from the start
Should have known that you would mess with my heart
When you  came home you could never look in me in the eye
Well now its too late for sorry, I'm gone baby, goodbye


Now I see it baby
I'm no longer blind
And I'm getting up, walking off
I'm leaving you behind
I'm finally free, I'm moving on
I'm leaving you behind
Yes I'm leaving you behind
I'm leaving you behind

Birthday Poem for Alan Doyle ( 5/17/2009)

On this day, 40 years ago
A bright young star came into this world
His parents called him Alan,
A baby brother for one boy and one girl

Bright eyed and happy, an adorable boy
And then one day he gave music a try
This was a smart move made by the man
Who we all adore now, right down to his hands

In 1993, he and some buds formed a band
It was a bonus that he owned a van
To tour all across Canada, and also afar
For they were all destined to become big stars

Many years later, fame and fortune he's found
And his life has given him happiness that knows no bounds
We all truly hope that 'the band just never ends'
For they have given us fun times with our family and our friends

His life a success, a wife and a son,
It seemed that his fame had just begun

And then a friend with the last name of Crowe
Had something to ask Alan, something he needed to know
He was to be doing a movie, and this was the truth
They needed somebody who could play the lute

So Alan flew and tried out, he gave it a shot
Not knowing if he would get the role or not
When he did find out, it was hard for him to keep it quiet
His happiness was growing, there was no denying it

He could definitely sing, why not give movies a try?
There were stars in the eyes of this Newfoundland boy

So happily he went to bonny old England
And joined the rest of the cast
To shoot a Robin Hood movie
Not the first one, and certainly not the last!

So I hope you'll all join me in this when I say
"Good luck with the movie Alan,
And Happy 40th Birthday!"



3 comments: