Sunday, March 27, 2011

...Now I'm A Believer!

It was sometime in 2009, when I moved to Clarenville, that I first watched Ghost Hunters.

The opening screen from the show!
The only reason I watched it, to be frankly honest, was out of boredom. There was nothing else on, so I gave it a go. And I was hooked from the beginning.

I've always had a belief in the paranormal, but seeing and hearing the things that Jay, Grant, Steve, Tango, Amy, Kris, and the rest of the gang saw or heard, blew me away. There were times that at the exact moment they saw something, I would see it too. Or I would hear something at the same time, and think: Holy shit, what was that?!

From the first time I watched it, I was fascinated with the show. And the later in the night I watched it, the better. All the better to get spooked, I figured. But now the paranormal fascinates me. If anything, I would LOVE to have an experience, encounter with a ghost. Nothing would make me happier.

The team,for this, the seventh season, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_hunters#Investigators is as follows:


  • Jason Hawes – Lead Investigator/Producer/TAPS Founder
  • Grant Wilson – Lead Investigator/Producer/TAPS Co-founder
  • Steve Gonsalves – Investigator/Technical Manager
  • Dave Tango – Investigator
  • Amy Bruni – Investigator
  • Adam Berry – Investigator-in-Training (from GHA)
  • Maddie – Investigative Canine

From L to R: in the photo:  Ivestigators Amy Bruni & Kris Williams (now GHI), T.A.P.S founder Jason Hawes and co-founder Grant Wilson, Investigator Dave Tango, and Tech Manager, Steve Gonsalves.


The more I watched the show, the more I loved it. And still love it. I know all about the equipment they use. K-II metres, EMF detectors, DVRs, Mini DVs, thermal cameras, and know what each is used for.


During investigations, the TAPS ghost hunters team use various equipment, including digital thermometersEMF metersthermographic and night vision cameras, handheld and static digital video cameras, digital audio recorders, and laptop computers.

The team has also experimented, in at least one episode, with a geiger counter during their investigation to see if it would register any anomalous readings.

Starting around the third season, the team has used the K-2 (or K-II) meter,[2] a type of EMF meter that uses a series of LEDs to measure the strength of an energy field instead of a numerical LCDscreen. During the Manson murders investigation in particular, the team used a K-2 meter in an attempt to get "yes" and "no" responses to verbal questions posed to a supposed entity in a room.

In the fifth season's "Edith Wharton Estate" case, the team introduced two new pieces of equipment. One is a custom-made geophone, which detects vibrations and flashes a series of LEDs that measure the intensity of the vibration. The second is a new EMF detector that makes a buzzing sound when in the presence of an electromagnetic field, and the stronger the field, the louder it buzzes. In the episode, the geophones were recorded on video flashing to the vibrations of what sound like footsteps across a floor even though no one was supposedly in the room.

Other gear not typically shown on screen are an ion generator, a device that charges the air with electricity and theorized to help spirits manifest, and the white noise generator, an audio device that makes a static background noise and theorized to act as a catalyst for assisting entities in making EVPs.[3]

But it was when I laid eyes on the gorgeous Dave Tango, that my heart was lost to the show forever:


But don't take my word for it, check it out yourselves. Ghost Hunters airs on OLN @ 8 and 11 EST and on the SYFY Channel, at 9. 
Enjoy, and on to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment